Insomnia is a disease in which the patient experiences difficulty in normal sleeping. When any part of this cycle is facing a problem insomnia develops. It is better to get admitted to an insomnia clinic for getting easy and fast relief from the symptoms of insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There are special medical conditions that can lead to insomnia. Some medical conditions that can cause insomnia are listed below.
- Nasal allergy or sinus allergy
- Endocrine problems like hyperthyroidism
- Gastrointestinal disorders like reflux
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Lower back pain
- Chronic pain
- Restless sleep syndrome
- Sleep apnea
You should not accept poor sleep as a common matter and a way of life. Talk to insomnia doctor and find appropriate remedial measures.
Insomnia and depression
Depression can be a cause for insomnia. When you are psychologically disturbed, it is natural to find difficulty in sleeping and start thinking about the sleep clinic near me. Insomnia can bring mood changes. Shift in hormones can lead to psychiatric issues like insomnia. Major depressive patients are at great risk of insomnia. Insomnia can worsen the depression. One must know that symptoms of depression like low energy, loss of interest, feeling of sadness and insomnia are linked to each other. These are all treatable regardless of their origin and seriousness of the condition provided you start discussing the problem with an insomnia doctor.
Insomnia and anxiety
Most people find difficulty in sleeping when they are sad or worried. Anxiety symptoms like tension, excessive worrying, feeling responsibility feeling over stimulated etc can lead to insomnia. Anxiety and insomnia feed each other and grow side by side.
Medications: Use of certain mediations like corticosteroids, alpha blockers, beta blockers, ACE inhibitors, second generation H1 agonists etc have been found to be of great help in insomnia treatment..
An insomnia clinic will start studying insomnia by asking questions about the patient’s sleep patterns and examining his medical history. The patient’s psychiatric disorder and drug abuse if any will be taken into account. A insomnia doctor will be able to understand whether the symptoms shown are as a result of sleep disorder or not. Tests like polysomnograph which is a full night sleep test and actigraphy which is a test with a small wrist worn device are also usually conducted in insomnia clinic for proper diagnosis.
Some type of insomnia gets resolved when the insomnia treatment for the underlying cause is completed.
.Some important home remedies for insomnia treatment are discussed below.
- Improving sleep hygiene: Some easy steps like exercising daily, avoiding smoking, avoiding going to bed with hungry stomach, providing comfortable environment, etc are very useful in controlling insomnia problems rather than hoping for a sleep clinic near me.
- Relaxation techniques: Relaxation techniques like meditation, yoga, muscle relaxation etc can also be practiced as insomnia treatment method for reducing symptoms of insomnia.
- Cognitive therapy: Counseling and group therapy also has been found to be very useful in the treatment for insomnia.
- Sleep restriction: Reducing the time spend on bed and reducing the sleeping hours will make body tired and sleep will come faster.
- Stimulus control therapy: Avoid watching TV, worrying in bed, setting alarm daily at a fixed time etch helps the patient in getting sleep easier.