Whenever you come across any knee injury you must always visit a knee injury doctor. An expert would only be able to show you the right direction to cure such pain incurring from any kind of injury. It is not always that you will need to have a replacement of your knees. Many such injuries can be cured by medicines. However, in some major cases of injury like fracture or damaged surfaces of a knee joint, one may have a need to have knee replacement. You must be aware of the modern treatment techniques. These modern techniques have evolved with a huge success rate. A patient with a replaced knee can lead a normal life just like others. Therefore, you must have faith on such treatments.
The Cases That Need Knee Replacement
It is not necessary to go through a knee replacement whenever one comes across a knee injury. There are certain cases that are needed to be treated with a replacement. Here is the list of the cases in which a knee replacement may be recommended.
- Knee pain is always treated with the various therapies that are available. This includes massage therapy, medication, physical therapy and injections. If your pain does not respond to any of them even after a period of six months or more, then only a doctor would recommend you a knee replacement surgery.
- Complete replacement of the knee joint is prescribed only in such cases where the knee bone has been damaged by any of the cases like progressive arthritis, trauma or other rare diseases that are destructive to the bones of the knee joint.
- A surgeon may also recommend knee replacement to such patients who are facing troubles in carrying out the daily activities. The massive knee pain may affect the daily life activities such as limiting most of the normal activities such as walking, folding of knees or moving up and down the stairs.
- A patient may be suffering from arthritis of the knee. If this is found to have decreased the knee function, he or she might be recommended for the knee replacement.
- Another most eminent case of knee replacement is when the sleep of a patient is disturbed by the knee pain. The knee replacement may also be recommended in case of any tumor growing at that area.
Therefore, there is no reason to think of the knee joint replacement mclean in the first place. You must visit your doctor as soon as possible and start with the treatment procedure.